The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law offers an outstanding program
of legal education that effectively combines a through grounding in legal doctrine
and theory with the practical skills and ethics training necessary to create highly
competent, practice-ready professionals.
- PreLaw magazine named Memphis Law as having the best law school facility in the nation! Click here to read more.
- Our magnificently renovated building is on the National Register of Historic Places and previously housed the former U.S. Custom House, Federal Court House, and U.S.
- Memphis Law's downtown location puts us within walking distance from state and federal courts, numerous government
offices and law firms.
- Memphis Law students completed 9,029 pro bono service hours last year.
- 139 law students were placed in a legal externship in Memphis in 2013-2014.
- Memphis Law hosts an average of 68 conferences, professional networking receptions,
and continuing legal education seminars every year in our building.
- Law students in our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) filed over 60 federal tax returns last year.
- Over 160 clients were helped in 2014 by students taking part in Memphis Law's Alternative Spring Break Program.
- From 2012-2014, 68 Memphis Law students were placed in student clerkships with a Federal
- 100% of our academic certificates incorporate hands-on learning through externships
and legal clinics.
- Our small, first-year sections have just 60 students in each section.
- 78% of last year's class participated in an externship or legal clinic.
- PreLaw magazine ranked Memphis Law 19th in the nation in its Best Value Law Schools rankings.
- Memphis Law graduates have exceeded the Tennessee state bar passage rate for more than 15 consecutive years.
- On average, 85% of our graduates are employed within just nine months of graduation.
- There are Memphis Law alumni practicing in 48 states across the nation.
- Sue Ann McClellan, Assistant Dean for Admissions, Recruiting, and Scholarships, Phone: (901) 678-5403, Office: Law 253
- Jacqueline O'Bryant, Law School Diversity Coordinator, Phone: (901) 678-2078, Office: 254
- Megan Warden, Admissions Recruiter, Phone: (901) 678-2422.
- Penny Rogers, Administrative Assistant, Admissions, Phone: (901) 678-5403, Office: Law 252