The vision of the Department of Leadership (DOL) is to be an innovative national leader in preparing effective urban, suburban, and rural professionals.
The DOL mission is to provide a series of activities that will enable individuals to work with highly professional educators in an acquired chosen area and become recognized as a national leader in their chosen area.
We produce highly effective educational leaders who:
- are scholarly instructional leaders,
- transform theory into scholarly practice,
- support and enhance opportunity for individuals to master knowledge and acquired skills and disposition to work in a social, political democracy, and
- lead and or direct schools that address he needs of each student in attendance.
Our Core Values
- Respect: thinking and acting in a way that shows others you care about their feelings and their well-being.
- Trust: believing in the honesty and reliability of others. Having confidence in a person or plan.
- Communication: a connection that allows access between people or places. Communication is conversation or discourse, a potential for exchanging information and ideas.