Community College (Certificate)
Contact: Dr. James Jacob
Please note that application files are reviewed on November 1st and April 1st for admission to the program. Please read the program & admissions information carefully.
Program of Studies Worksheet
The department offers a certificate for individuals interested in either a teaching or an administrative position in a community college. Consisting of 18 hours of coursework, this program can be applied to or taken simultaneously with a Master of Science in Leadership or a Doctor of Education in Higher and Adult Education. Students not pursuing a degree should apply for admission to the Graduate School as non-degree seeking.
Course Requirements (all offered as online courses):
- HIAD 7411-8411 Community Colleges
- HIAD 7511-8511 Administration/ Governance in Community College
- HIAD 7541-8541 Issues and Trends in Teaching Adults
- HIAD 8415 IT Trends and Issues in Higher Education
- HIAD 7060-8060 Internship Higher and Adult Education**
- LEAD 7500-8500 Adult Learning and Leadership
**May be waived for those with broad experience in community college teaching or administration.