Educational Leadership (EdD)
Persons achieving a degree with a concentration in Educational Leadership will be eligible for employment by P-12 school systems in administrative positions. Also, they could become professors of educational administration in a department or college of education in with a public or private university involved in teacher training. Obtaining a position in state departments of education and with the federal government, especially the Department of Education, is feasible.
Outcomes for each graduate of this professional program include the ability to:
- Understand, analyze, and reflect critically upon contemporary P-12 educational leadership from a variety of conceptual frameworks.
- Understand the environments within which P-12 educational leadership operates.
- Fulfill the responsibilities required in P-12 administrative leadership.
- Understand the nature of the learner in diverse educational settings.
- Interpret, apply, and conduct educational research.