- Please click HERE to view our brochure in PDF format.
The Tiger Leadership Institute is a program that intends to make long-term leadership
education available to any undergraduate student at the University of Memphis. Three
levels of training are offered, with each level having a specific audience and purpose:
Level I is offered to freshman students and concentrates on initial involvement steps and
Level II is open to sophomore, junior, and senor students, and focuses on effective student
leadership. It is also open to freshman students who have graduated from Level I.
Level III is only open to Level II graduates, and it applies leadership concepts to a variety
of roles after college.
Levels I & II will offer multiple cohorts during the Spring semester; please select
from one of the cohorts when applying. All sessions of the Tiger Leadership Institute meet at the following times:
- Level I - Cohort I (Tuesdays 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
- Level I - Cohort 2 (Wednesdays 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
- Level I - Cohort 3 (Thursdays 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
- Level I - Cohort 4 (Wednesdays 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Level II - Cohort 1 (Wednesdays 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
- Level II - Cohort 2 (Thursdays 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
- Level III (Tuesdays 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Specific dates of the program will vary by Level and meeting day; however, all groups
will begin meeting the week of September 22, 2014 and will have a shared graduation
ceremony on November 21 at 12:30pm.
The deadline to submit this application is midnight on September 19, 2014. It must be submitted before that time to be considered. Prior to beginning the application,
please make sure to review the program description. Selections will be made from the
application pool, and all applicants will be informed by September 22, 2014.
The online application may be accessed by following the 'TLI Application' link on
- The Kickoff for Level I - Cohort 1 and Level III is Tuesday, September 23.
- The Kickoff for Level I - Cohort 2 and Level II - Cohort 1 is Wednesday, September
- The Kickoff for Level I - Cohort 3 and Level II - Cohort 2 is Thursday, September
For additional information, please contact Kay Barkoh at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (901) 678-8679.