A Student-Athlete Development Program at the University of Memphis
Tiger PAWS (Preparing Athletes for Winning Success) at the University of Memphis provides
comprehensive guidance in regards to personal and professional growth for its student-athletes.
The customized programming focuses on the areas of career development, personal development
and community service. In doing so, PAWS combines the service, career and personal
development opportunities of the program with the student-athletes' athletic and academic
experiences to achieve the following goals:
- To focus on the development of the well-rounded student-athlete
- To pursue the enhancement of skills that apply beyond the classroom
- To develop student-athletes as responsible representatives and leaders
- To support student-athlete input on issues related to their continually changing needs
- To enhance programming offered through the Center for Athletic Academic Services (CAAS)
The Tiger PAWS Student-Athlete Development Plan at the University of Memphis is a
four year guide to becoming the best version of yourself as a student-athlete.
Tiger PAWS strives to help student-athletes balance school, sports and social life
while encouraging participation in community service, career development, and mental
development. All of these aspects combine to provide the student-athlete with the
best possible experiences while at the University of Memphis. This helps the student-athlete
grow and learn on and off the field.
By the time a student-athlete graduates from Memphis, they will have a better understanding
of themselves and their future.
Click the links below for more detail:
Tigers Give Back - Community Service Blog
The Tiger PAWS Four Year Plan Outline
Comprehensive List of Skills Addressed in Tiger PAWS
Please contact the Student-Athlete Development Coordinator with any questions.
107 Athletic Office Building
Memphis, TN 38152