As the laboratory demonstration school for the College of Education, Health and Human
Sciences, we are also the research site. Each year the children, staff and parents
of Lipman School collaborate with researchers from many university departments and
the local, national and international community. The process for conducting research
is as follows:
- A research proposal is submitted to the director of Lipman School.
- With the consent of the director, the research proposal is submitted to the University's
Institutional Review Board (IRB) for approval.
- Subsequent to IRB approval, depending upon the nature of the proposed research, the
director will make arrangements to either have a Lipman School research review committee
review the proposal or make the decision to go ahead in agreement with the classroom
supervising teachers affected by the research.
- The research is conducted.
- Should publication evolve from the research, the researcher(s) submit a copy of the
publication to the Lipman School library.