University of Memphis Board of Trustees Holds Quarterly Meeting
June 6, 2017 - The University of Memphis Board of Trustees recommended a small increase
in tuition as well as salary increases for employees at its quarterly meeting on campus
Among actions the Board took were:
- Approved an increase in tuition of 2.6 percent for undergraduate, graduate and law students. There were no fee increases.
- Approved a 5 percent increase in housing rates;
- Approved a salary increase of 3 percent for full-time staff. Tenured and tenure-track faculty will receive a 2 percent increase with a 1 percent merit, equity and compression pool; non-tenure track and adjunct faculty will receive a 3 percent increase;
- Approved a $50,000 salary supplement for President M. David Rudd to be paid through private funds;
- Approved University operating budgets for fiscal years 2017 and 2018;
- Approved capital budget requests for fiscal year 2019;
- Recommended approval of the following new academic programs: Doctoral of Liberal Studies and Bachelor of Professional Studies in Commercial Aviation, both in the University College, and Master of Science in Biostatistics in the School of Public Health;
- Appointed Taylor Mayberry as Student Trustee;
- Approved the appointment of Dr. Darrell C. Ray as Vice president for Student Affairs;
- Recommended that Dr. Shirley C. Raines be granted the title of President Emeritus; and
- Endorsed the development of a parental leave policy and related financial model for funding to be reviewed at the fall meeting.
The next Board of Trustees meeting will be Oct. 4.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact: Gabrielle Maxey