University of Memphis Board of Trustees Meeting Recap
October 4, 2017 - The University of Memphis Board of Trustees approved two new academic
programs at its Oct. 4 meeting on campus: a Bachelor of Arts in Creative Mass Media
and a PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision (a conversion from the EdD to PhD).
In other action, the Board:
- Recommended moving forward with a six-week paid parental leave policy for employees;
- Announced updates on its Campus Master Plan. Current projects include the Scheidt Family Music Center, which has received $29 million in state funding and $11 million in additional gifts and UofM funds, and will soon break ground; the Center for Health & Wellness; Land Bridge and Garage; Alumni Mall Amphitheatre; Student Plaza; basketball and football training facilities and baseball addition; and Patterson Avenue realignment;
- Approved a $100,000 bonus for President M. David Rudd, to be paid through private funds. The bonus is tied to the President's annual review and the meeting of performance benchmarks;
- Approved the revised capital budget request for 2018-2019; and
- Approved tenure for two faculty members.
FOR MORE INFORMATION