Why move more?
The bottom line is that being physically active is important for good health. More than 60 percent of U.S. adults do not engage in the recommended amount of activity. Tennessee ranks 2nd in the U.S. in adult obesity (32%) and 4th for physical inactivity (29.9%)!
BENEFITS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Exercising regularly is one of the most important steps for good health. Being physically active:
- Controls your weight
- Helps maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints
- Reduces the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and some cancers.
- Improves mental health and mood
- Increases your chances of living longer
If you're able to do so, here are some things you can do to move more
- On Campus
- Take the stairs
- Use the walking trails on or around campus
- Ride your bike
- Participate in the many activities during Midday Moves, or join the Campus Recreation Center
- Free for Full-time Students
- Inexpensive for students and employees
- Join the TigerFit program to help with your personal fitness and weight loss goals