You must have submitted the FAFSA and be eligible for Federal Work Study in order
to be selected for one of these tutoring positions.
Who is Eligible? Students that completed the FAFSA and are eligible for Federal Work
Civil Engineer Job Position!!
MidSouth Utility Consultants, LLC provides a dynamic work environment with the opportunity
and responsibility to impact hundreds of thousands of people every day through comprehensive
planning, design, testing, and construction contract administration services to rural
electric cooperatives, municipal electric power systems, and large industries who
have their own high voltage facilities.
Candidates must be completing/have completed a 4 year civil engineering program by
May 2015 with the understanding that rewards are the result of purposeful, hard work.
Here you can find more information about this position.
The Student Success Programs (SSP) have various positions which will be responsible
for coordinating different projects. These projects' components include but not be
limited to; job shadowing, research and internship opportunities, speaker series,
faculty/business mentors; industry visits; themed workshops, summer bridge activities,
etc. Learn more information about this program through SSP Brochure and Position Description.
2014-15 2nd Semester Internship Program!!!
i-SERV is a nonprofit (501c3) tutoring program that works alongside intervention teachers
in math lab classes at White Station Middle School. We assist teachers by working
with students, who have tested below proficient on the TCAP, in small group stations.
- to boost our students’ confidence in math
- to work to develop relationships with our students
- to assist teachers in preparing station activities
- to raise our students’ test scores
- to provide one day per week, small group skill stations
Internship time requirements:
- Every Wednesday: mid January-early May, 7:15-2:15
- 1-2 group planning session each week according to intern’s schedules
- Additional hours can be earned through lunch time tutoring sessions one on one with
students if needed
Internship Program Benefits:
- work in a Title I School alongside some of the best teachers in Memphis
- learn valuable training in classroom management
- participate in the development of a nonprofit program
- work in small group settings with students, allowing you to make a personal impact
Apply to the Internship Program:
- contact Lora Lyons for more information
- visit i-SERV.org for more information on our program
2015-2016 JLM Voluntarism Scholarship Award!!
The Junior League of Memphis has announced they are seeking qualified applicants to
compete for their first annual Scholarship Awards for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Up to $10,000 in scholarships will be awarded to deserving female students who are
striving to purse a degree at a local 4-year college. Applicants must exhibit leadership
qualities and have a strong volunteer history.
Visit the link here to read more information from the Junior League about procedures, eligibility requirements,
and the application for this scholarship.
Engineering Career Webinars!!!!!
Anthony Fasano is a very dynamic and motivational presenter and touches upon a lot
of good ideas for developing one's engineering career. If you want to know more how
to engineer your success and build a winning resume click here!
Information Sessions on USDA Career!!
Several sessions will be offered in March and April (For dates, click or copy registration
Sessions will be held: 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (EST)
Please register here!
All informational sessions will be recorded and captioned.
Topics covered will be:
• An Overview of USDA,
• An Introduction to USDA Careers,
• Basic Qualifications and Application Process by Program Type, and
• Available Opportunities in Our Mission Areas.
Who should attend? (Target audience)
• Recent Graduates and Students who are U.S. Citizens or U.S. Residents , and
• Faculty and Career Services Staff.
Requirements to participate in the webinar:
• Internet accessibility and
• Access to a computer with speakers.
Open to All Majors:
Agribusiness and Industry(Agricultural Business, Economics, Agricultural Management,
International Trade and Economics, Finance);IT/Computer & Science (Agronomy, Animal
Science, Food Science/Public Health, Forestry, Mathematics, Statistics, Biologic,
Environment, Nutrition, Plant Pathology, Soil Science and Conservation, Veterinary,
Wild Life Biology); and Management (Accounting, Procurement, Human Resources, Communications,
Also you can find more information here!
Online registration procedures:
• Complete registration.
• Be sure to choose the date you would like to register for the webinar.
• After successfully completing your registration, you will be prompted to the confirmation
page. Print and keep a copy of the confirmation page for your records. The page will
have the link to log in into the webinar session.
• Follow the instructions provided to you in the confirmation page when you log in
into the webinar.
Students Employment Opportunities
Diversity, Recruitment, and Work/Life Division
Office of Human Resources Management
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration
Mission Areas Student Employment Programs and Human Resources Divisions