2007 - Present: PhD Candidate - Management Information Systems - University of Memphis
2003 - 2006: MBA - Business Administration - University of Memphis
1992 - 1995: M.S. - Electrical Engineering - University of Memphis
1987 - 1991: B.Tech - Electrical & Electronics Engineering - University of Calicut,
Enterprise Architecture, Systems Analysis and Design, Business Database Systems, Data
Communication Systems & Networking, Information Security, Programming, Computer hardware
and Operating Systems.
Software Development Process, Information Security, Enterprise Architecture, Technology
Efficacy and Sourcing.
Scholarly Journal Articles
1. Mahadevan, L. and Kettinger, W. J. 2011. "Service Oriented Architecture as a Dynamic
Enabler of Customer Prioritization," e-Service Journal (7:2), pp. 28-45.
Papers Under Review at Scholarly Journals
1. Mahadevan, L., Meservy, T. O., Kettinger, W. J. "Changes in Control: A case study
of the introduction of Agile in a Traditional software development environment," manuscript
under 3rd round of review at Communication of the Association of Information Systems
Manuscripts Being Prepared for Submission to Scholarly Journals
1. Mahadevan, L ., Zhang, C., Kettinger W. J. "Simulation – A bridge between project
risk and product quality," manuscript being prepared for submission to Journal of
Management of Information Systems.
2. Kettinger, W. J., Luecke, M., Mahadevan, L., Zhang, C. "West Meets East – The Role
of Media Choice in Cross-Cultural Software Development," manuscript being prepared
for submission to European Journal of Information Systems.
3. Mahadevan, L. " A cognitive appraisal of information based security behaviors,"
manuscript under preparation.
Refereed Conference Proceedings and Presentations
1. Mahadevan, L., Kettinger, W. J., Paul, R. "A Three Level Model of SOA Maturity:
Toward Achieving Sense and Respond," AMCIS 2009 Proceedings, Paper 337.
2. Mahadevan, L., Simon, J.C., Meservy, T. O. "Effects of Developer cognitive style
and motivations on information security policy compliance". AMCIS 2011 Proceedings,
Lakshman is a PHD candidate in the Department of Management Information Systems at
the University of Memphis. His current research focuses on the Software Development
Process, Information Security, Technology Efficacy and Sourcing. He has served as
reviewer for AMCIS, HICSS and ICIS conferences.
Previously, Lakshman was an Enterprise Architect for FedEx with 10 years of technical
architecture solution delivery experience for over 150 projects with varying complexities
in areas such as critical application/infrastructure upgrades, new implementations
of applications and technologies, data center migrations with dual data center/disaster