MLCHE is committed to the promotion of health and the efficient delivery of health
care in Memphis and Tennessee. We serve the Mid-South community through public speaking,
participation in meaningful community-based healthcare and health-related initiatives
by providing their knowledge and expertise to community-oriented public service projects.
We have been active in the dissemination of healthcare knowledge in popular media,
such as editorial articles, commentaries, and op-ed pieces for books, magazines, and
MLCHE works closely with The University of Memphis, other research centers, and community
- Evaluate government health care programs such as TennCare
- Research strategies to improve the efficiency of these programs
- Study regional and state healthcare economic trends
- Develop market analyses and business plans for stakeholders such as hospitals, nursing
homes, and health plans
- Disseminate best-practice models for improving employee health and cutting healthcare
Requests for consulting services should be made to Dr. Cyril Chang, director of MLCHE,
through the Contact Us link.
ObamaCare Impacts on Tennessee and the Memphis Area
State and Local Resources
In addition to the Reports page of our website, the following sources provide information
about health and health care in Tennessee.
Federal Health Care Agencies