International Conference on Mathematics and Statistics (ICOMAS 2018)
May 7 – 10, 2018
The Departmental of Mathematical Sciences, University of Memphis will be organizing the international conference titled "International Conference on Mathematics and Statistics" (ICOMAS 2018) May 7-10, 2018 which will begin with Dinner Reception on May 7, 2018. The academic sessions will be on Tuesday, May 8, Wednesday, May 9, and Thursday, May 10, 2018. The main objective of ICOMAS 2018 is to support and encourage junior researchers and researchers from underrepresented groups (women and minorities) and also to bring together distinguished researchers from around the world who are actively pursuing theoretical and methodological research in mathematics, statistics and their applications in various allied fields. The primary academic activities of the conference will focus on the following areas of mathematical and statistical sciences: combinatorics, functional analysis, operator theory, ergodic theory, partial differential equations, graph theory, number theory, statistical modeling, Bayesian analysis, big data analysis, and experimental design. The conference program will consist of plenary talks, invited talks and contributed presentations. ICOMAS 2018 will be held at the Fedex Institute of Technology, University of Memphis.
Registration Fee: $90
Registration Fee includes conference materials, refreshments, and a reception dinner on Monday May 7th.
- Joshua Cooper, University of South Carolina.
- Siddhartha Dalal, Columbia University.
- T.S.S.R.K. Rao, Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore, India.
- Daniel Spirn, University of Minnesota.
Partial Differential EquationsSession Organizers: Irena Lasiecka and Roberto Triggiani, University of Memphis.
- Sutthirut Charoenphon, University of Memphis.
- Marcelo Disconzi, Vanderbilt University.
- Jameson Graber, Baylor University.
- Stephen Guffey, University of Memphis.
- Scott Hansen, Iowa State University.
- Taufiquar R Khan, Clemson University.
- Michael Klibanov, University of North Carolina, Charlotte.
- Shitao Liu, Clemson University.
- Yongjin Lu, Virginia State University.
- Giusy Mazzone, Vanderbilt University.
- Zuhair Nashed, University of Central Florida.
- Loc Nguyen, University of North Carolina Charlotte.
- Buddhika Priyasad, University of Memphis.
- Taige Wang, University of Cincinnati.
- Xiaojun Wang, University of Cincinnati.
- Xin-Guang Yang, Henan Normal University, China.
- Yang Yang, Michigan state University.
- Bradshaw Zachary, University of Arkansas.
- Bingyu Zhang, University of Cincinnati.
- Jing Zhang, Virginia State University.
- Guojie Zheng, University of Cincinnati.
CombinatoricsSession Organizer: Vladimir Nikiforov, University of Memphis.
- Guantao Chen, Georgia State University.
- Joshua Cooper, Univerity of South Carolina.
- Thai Hoang Le, University of Mississippi.
- Leonardo de Lima, Centro Federal de Educação Tecnológica Celso Suckow da Fonseca.
- Nair Maria Maia de Abreu, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro.
- Carla Silva Oliveira, Escola Nacional de Ciências Estatísticas.
- Songling Shan, Vanderbilt University.
- Michael Tait, Carnegie-Mellon University.
Results in Operator TheorySession Organizers: Fernanda Botelho, University of Memphis, and Dijana Ilišević, University of Zagreb.
- George Anastassiou, University of Memphis.
- Carl Cowen, IUPUI, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Marko Djikic, Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics in Niš, Serbia.
- Osamu Hatori, Niigata University, Japan.
- Mostafa Mbekhta, Université Lille 1, France.
- Takeshi Miura, Niigata University, Japan.
- Elmursi Mohammed, Faculty of Science, Sohag University, Egypt.
- Tanmoy Paul, Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, India.
- Daniel Puzzoli, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- TSSRK Rao, Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore, India.
- Christopher Seaton, Rhodes College, Memphis.
- Maria Tjani, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
Banach Spaces and ApplicationsSession Organizer: Bentuo Zheng, University of Memphis.
- Lingxin Bao, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University.
- Qingying Bu, University of Mississippi.
- J. Alejandro Chavez-Dominguez, University of Oklahoma.
- Steve Dilworth, University of South Carolina.
- Daniel Freeman, Saint Louis University.
- Pavlos Motakis, Texas A&M University.
- Mikhail Ostrovskii, St. John’s University.
- Thomas Schlumprecht, Texas A&M University.
- Vladimir G. Troitsky, University of Alberta, Canada.
- Qingping Zeng, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University.
- Andras Zsak, University of Cambridge.
Analytic Number TheorySession Organizers: Tsz Ho Chan, Thai Hoang Le, Micah B. Milinovich.
- Sieg Baluyot, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Fan Ge, University of Waterloo.
- Zhenchao Ge, University of Mississippi.
- Alan Haynes, University of Houston.
- Jing-Jing Huang, University of Nevada Reno.
- Nathan Jones, University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Andrew Ledoan, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga.
- Amita Malik, Rutgers University.
- Sarah Peluse, Stanford University.
- Paul Pollack, University of Georgia.
- Kyle Pratt, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Nicolas Robles, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Brad Rodgers, University of Michigan.
- Arindam Roy, Rice University.
- Fernando Shao, University of Kentucky.
- Armin Straub, University of South Alabama.
- Lola Thompson, Oberlin College.
Topic Modeling and InformaticsSession Organizer: Dale Bowman, University of Memphis.
- Nia Dowell, University of Michigan.
- Trish Goedecke, University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
- Meredith Ray, University of Memphis.
- Wen Zou, National Center for Toxicological Research.
Applied StatisticsSession Organizer: Dale Bowman, University of Memphis.
- Ibrahim Abdelrazeq, Rhodes College.
- Tia Carroway, Arkansas State University.
- Xin Dang, University of Mississippi.
- Mehmet Kocak, University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
- Yeqian Liu, Middle Tennessee State University.
- Ran Tao, Vanderbilt University.
- Tung Lung Wu, Mississippi State University.
- Hong Zhou, Arkansas State University.
Non-Parametric and Semi-Parametric Statistical Analysis.Session Organizer: Su Chen, University of Memphis.
- Cheng Cheng, St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
- Martial Longla, University of Mississippi.
- Yimin Zhang, Villanova University.
- Michelle Zhou, Mississippi State University.
Bayesian Applications for the Present Day StatisticianSession Organizers: Meredith Ray and Yu Jiang, University of Memphis.
- Bernie Daigle, University of Memphis.
- Yuanjin Liu, Maryville University.
- Zhaohao Lu, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.