Associate Professor, Department of Marketing & Supply Chain Management
Dr. George D. Deitz received his Ph.D. in Marketing in 2006 from The University of Alabama. He also holds a M.S. in Sport Management as well as B.S. in Marketing and B.A. in English Literature degrees, all from West Virginia University.
Prior to earning his Ph.D., Dr. Deitz worked for more than a decade for several leading application software and enterprise software firms, fulfilling a host of sales and marketing management responsibilities.
Since arriving at The University of Memphis. Dr. Deitz has taught and developed traditional and online courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level, including:
- Principles of Marketing (MKTG 3010)
- Management of Marketing Strategies (MKTG 4901)
- Global Marketing Strategy, (MKTG 7140)
- Retail Marketing (MKTG 7542)
- Marketing Strategy Seminar (MKTG 8231).