|U of M Will Celebrate International Education Week Nov. 14-18
For release: Oct. 31, 2005
For press information, contact
In observance of International Education Week, the University of Memphis will hold a number of events Nov. 14-18. The schedule includes:
- All week, an exhibit of photographs taken by American students abroad and foreign students in the United States, Mark Twain Lounge, University Center, second floor. Hours are 8 a.m.-9 p.m.;
- Nov. 14, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., International Food Tasting with foods from Ethiopia, Japan, the Middle East, Mexico, Thailand, Ireland, and other nations, Mark Twain Lounge, University Center, second floor;
- Nov. 16, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Study Abroad Fair, University Center, second floor concourse;
- Nov. 16, 3-4:30 p.m., open house, Center for International Programs & Services, 102 Brister Hall;
- Nov. 17, 4-6 p.m., panel presentation: Immigrant Rights in Tennessee, Faulkner Lounge, University Center;
- Nov. 18, 6-8 p.m., closing reception and photo contest awards ceremony, Faulkner Lounge, University Center.
International Education Week is a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education. Its aim is to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and to attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences in the United States.
University sponsors are the Student Activities Council, Phi Beta Delta, the International Student Association, the Center for International Programs & Services, the Wang Center for International Business, and the College of Communication and Fine Arts.For more information, call 901-678-2814 or visit Web site http://iew.state.gov.
News & Events