Annapoorna Mary, MSc (N), PhD, RN, CCRN, CNE
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing - University of Tennessee 2004-2007
- Master of Science in Nursing - Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute 2000-2002
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Madras Medical College 1997-1999
- Diploma in General Nursing & Certification in Midwiverey St. Ann's School of Nursing 1980-1984
- Medical Surgical Nursing & Critical care as sub clinical specialty.
Teaching & Coordinator:
- Evidence Based Practice: BSN
- Evidence Based Practice: RN –BSN
- Advanced Nursing Research- MSN
- Clinical Pathophysiology
- Intro to Professional Nursing
- Advanced Nursing Research and Evidence Based practice: MSN program
- Evidence Based Practice: RN –BSN
Academic Merits and honors:
- School First in Diploma nursing – St. Ann's school of Nursing-1984.
- College First in PC- BSC Nursing : Madras Medical College, Chennai, India - 1999
- Jeyalakshmi Jambunathan Gold Medal for best outgoing student MSc Nursing in Medical Surgical Nursing (SRMC.RI. DU. India, 2002).
- Thirumathi R. Rajam Gold medal for best outgoing student award in MSc (N) program (SRMC. RI. DU. India, 2002)
Teaching Awards & Recognitions:
- The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty Nominee: 2010
- Received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty: 2011
Research Awards & Recognitions:
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals Research Excellence Award 2016
Clinical Merits & recognition:
- Target 100 nurse for Shelby and Fayette Counties (2004): United States of America (USA).
- Outstanding Employee of ST. Francis Health Care (2004): United States of America (USA)
- Employee of the month CCU SFH (2005)
- Students Affairs Committee, Co-Chair
- Under Graduate Curriculum, Committee Member
- Graduate Council Member
- Nurse Research Council Member: BMH
- Research consultant for BMH Collierville DTI Study
- IRB Member for BMH
- IRB Member University of Memphis
- Progression committee member
- Admision committee member
- International Board of Examiner for PhD Thesis: Universities in India
Certifications/Qualifying exams for license:
- CGFNS 1995
- Nclex RN 2002
- CCRN 2003
- CPR 2002
- ACLS 2002
- PALS 2006
- Trauma care Nursing Certification 2006
- Chemotherapy provider certification 2006
- ACLS instructor 2007
- Critical Care & Emergency Room & MRT
Research Interests and Expertise:
- Critical Care, Medical Surgical Nursing, Cardiac Nursing, and nursing education (Critical Thinking and clinical reasoning & EBP)
- Mary. A. (2017). Discharge Education and Technology Integration in Prevention of CABG Readmissions. Journal of Managed Care Nursing, 4(1),8-17.
- Barger.L. & Mary. A. (2017). Evidence Based Practice: Cardiac Surgery Patient Education. Journal of Managed Care Nursing, 4(1), 19-28.
- Bottom.W. Mary.A.( 2017). Benchmark Time of Door- to- Electrocardiogram ( ECG) Time for patients with Myocardial Infarction and Acute Coronary Syndrome. Journal of Managed Care Nursing, 4(1), 19-28.19-32.
- Mary. A. (2016). Perioperative Risk Factors Associated With 30 Days Readmission After Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery. Journal of Managed Care Nursing, 3(3), 13-25.
- Mary, A.( 2016). Clinical Factors Associated With Postoperative Length of Time on Ventilator among Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery Patients. International Journal of Nursing and Medical Sciences, 5( 1), 489-503.
- Raja.J.M , Mary. A., & Stagopan.U. ( 2016). A study on Dual Infections in Pyrexia Cases. International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences,5(8), 150-155.
- Mary, A. & Ward, K. D. (2015). Association between quality of life and depression among heart transplant recipients and family caregivers. Journal-Cardiovascular Surgery, 3 (2), 35-42. doi:10.5455/jcvs.2015323
- Arumugam, J. M. R., Mary, A. & Satagopan, U. (2015). A Review on Co-infection with Dengue and Malaria. International Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health, 5 (3), 1-5. doi:10.5455/ijtmph/190561.
- Mary.A. ( 2013). Impact of Age, Gender, and Co morbidities in Cardiopulmonary Indicators and Dysfunctional Ventilator Weaning Response after Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery. International Journal of Current Research, Vol.5, Issue, 03, pp. 734-737.
- Mary.A. ( 2013). A case Control Study on Prediction Modeling of Dysfunctional Ventilator Weaning Response among Postoperative CABG Patients. International Journal of Current Research, Vol.5, Issue, 03, pp. 738-747
- Mary, Annapoorna ( 2013). Post Hoc Analysis of Cardiopulmonary Indicators trends among post – operative coronary artery bypass graft patients. Journal - cardiovascular Surgery, Vol 1(2).
- Arumugam, Joel, Mary, Annapoorna ( 2013). Heart Rate variability in Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy. International Journal of Medical Research,Vol 1(2).
- MARY, A. (2013) A Review on Cardiovascular Disease Global Health Indicators, Cause Specific Risk Factors, and Quality of life indicators . International Journal of Medical Research, 1 (4), 22-27. doi:10.5455/ijmr.20140226045017
- Mary, Annapoorna ( 2008). Systematic review on Standard time limit in defining dysfunctional ventilator weaning response among postoperative coronary artery bypass graft surgery patients. GMAC, Summer Issue
- Mary, Annapoorna ( 2008). Differences in SVO2 trends in patients with dysfunctionalventilator weaning response and patients with normal ventilator weaning response after CABG surgery – A secondary data analysis. GMAC, Spring Issue
- Mary, Annapoorna (2005). Effectiveness of standard endotracheal suctioning technique on patients with mechanical ventilators. Nursing Journal of India, 96.