The LSON provides accessible and innovative higher education preparing leaders who
promote health of the global community through excellent teaching, rigorous research,
and collaborative practice/service.
To fulfill the mission, we are committed to
- Creating a learner –centered educational environment
- Inspiring life-long learning through excellence in teaching
- Shaping practice through innovation and partnerships
- Creating and disseminating knowledge through research and engaged scholarship
- Embracing diversity and cultural competence
The LSON is creating a center of excellence where education, research /scholarship,
practice, and partnerships integrate to advance nursing science and to promote health
of the global community.
The LSON identifies caring, diversity, integrity, and leadership as core values. These
core values are defined as follows:
Caring is a human state, a moral imperative or ideal, an affect, an interpersonal relationship,
and a nursing intervention.
Diversity is embracing the recognition, acceptance, and respect of human differences.
Integrity is acting in accordance with an appropriate professional code of ethics and accepted
standards of practice.
Leadership is influencing the actions of individuals and organizations in order to achieve desired
- Continue developing innovative and high quality programs for diverse populations
- Use state-of-art technologies to advance education, research, and practice
- Build sustainable programs of research and scholarship to advance nursing science
- Forge meaningful partnerships to promote health of global communities