- All MSN students, with the assistance of the Associate Dean office, will develop an
individualized written plan (Academic Plan) that outlines course proposed sequence
and proposal for degree completion. The academic plan must be submitted prior to end
of the first semester and yearly thereafter.
- Following admission to the School of Nursing, each student is assigned to a faculty
mentor/advisor. The faculty mentor/advisor will provide the student with an opportunity
for meaningful discussion and counsel regarding academic progress and career goals
- The advisor's assistance, however, does not in any way relieve the student of the
primary responsibility for studying the Catalog and fulfilling all the requirements
for the degree
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA ("B"); Grades of "D" or "F" will not apply toward graduate
degree (will be computed in GPA)
- No more than 7 hours of "C-", "C" or "C+") will be applied towards degree requirements
- Earns a grade of less than "B" (3.0) in a second graduate level nursing course
- Fails to earn a grade of "B" (3.0) or better when repeating a course
- Willfully misrepresents patient data or clinical practice
- willfully places any patient in physical or emotional jeopardy.
- Is placed on probation by the Tennessee Board of Nursing.
- Fails to disclose a felony conviction.
- Fails to disclose disciplinary action or diversion by the Tennessee Board of Nursing.
- Fails to complete all degree requirements within five years of entering graduate nursing