Standardized Examination Waiver Request
Applicants for the MPA degree or certificate programs may be eligible for a waiver of the standardized entrance exam (GRE, GMAT or MAT) if they meet one of the three criteria sets below:
- Applicants with an earned professional or graduate degree from an accredited institution. Students with an earned masters or other post-baccalaureate degree are exempt from the standardized exam requirement for admission.
- Public Service or Military Experience. Certain applicants may be eligible for a waiver based on a combination of their undergraduate performance and subsequent work experience. Applicants seeking a waiver under this mechanism must meet all of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Six years of progressive public service experience.
- Successfully reach supervisory or managerial positions in public or nonprofit organizations, including independence of authority, responsibility of program design, and/or budgetary authority. Military experience: Reached the officer O-3 or equivalent rank.
- Demonstrated exemplary accomplishment in their public service career or community volunteer activities documented in letters of recommendation.
- Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) Undergraduate Students.
- Received certification from the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance.
- Exhibit leadership in NLSA by serving as an officer, committee chairperson or other position of leadership.
- Graduate with an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better but with a GPA of 3.5 or above in nonprofit management minor courses.
- Demonstrate exemplary accomplishment in areas such as volunteering, fundraising and recruitment documented in letters of recommendation from a nonprofit agency.
Download and complete the waiver form
- Submit the completed form, along with any required documentation to our Administrative Assistant, Rebecca Horowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.