Students who complete the minor in nonprofit management have the option to obtain
the Certified Nonprofit Professional credential, offered through our affiliation with
the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance.
Minor in Nonprofit Management/CNP Requirements
Students who complete this minor and specified co-curricular activities will be eligible
for the Certified nonprofit Professional credential by the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance. The credential is designed to build competencies in nonprofit management through coursework, internships, volunteer opportunities, student association leadership activities
and professional development workshops.
The Minor: 18semester hours, three hours of a required course, and 15 hours from the guided electives.
Required course (3 hours): PADM 4226 Introduction to Nonprofit Organizations
Guided electives (15 hours): Choose one from each category: (3 hours):
1. Accounting and Financial Management: ACCT 2010 or PADM 4227
2. Organization and Administration: PADM 3601; MGMT 3110
3. Communication Skills: COMM 4342, COMM 4375; COMM 4380; COUN 4621, MGMT 4420 or
4. Nonprofit Context: ANTH/PADM 4412, ART 3411, CSED 3302, POLS 3505, PSYC 3103, SOCI
4923, or SWRK 2911
5. Nonprofit Organizations: PADM 4231; INTL 4911; or SWRK 4830/4831, or another approved internship course.
The CNP also requires some additional co-curricular activities.
Contact Ms. Candace Walsh, Program Coordinator at email@example.com or by phone at (901) 678-4395.
Minor in Public Administration
The Division also offers the Minor in Public Administration. For more information
about courses related to these degree programs, click here.