James Madison University, B.S.
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Teaching Certification
University of Memphis, M.A.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
19th and 20th Century Continental Philosophy, Feminist Theory, Psychoanalysis
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
History of Social and Political Philosophy, Ancient Philosophy
"Economies of Sacrifice and Salvation: Interest in The Death Penalty"
Comittee: Kas Saghafi (Chair), Mary Beth Mader, Verena Erlenbusch, Michael Naas
- "Survival's Spectral Performativity: Sacrificial Indemnification and The Death Penalty" Parallax 24 (1), 2018. (7000 words, forthcoming)
- "Erydicean Revolt and Metam-Orphic Writing in Arendt and Kristeva." In New Forms of Revolt: Kristeva's Intimate Politics. Edited by Sarah Hanson and Rebecca Tuvel. New York: SUNY Press, 2017. (9500 words, in press)
- "Eating Well with Pleshette DeArmitt." Journal of French and Francophone Philosophy XXIII 23 (2), 2015: 45-49.
- "'One Must Imagine What One Denies': How Sartre Imagines The Imaginary." Evental Aesthetics 3, no. 1 (2014): 16-39.
SELECTED CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- "Blood-less Bodies: A Study in Anasemic Ab-Sencing"
Paper, International Society for Psychoanalysis and Philosophy Conference, New York, NY, 2016
- "Hematology in The Death Penalty Seminars: Making Sense of Sacrificial Economy"
Paper, Derrida Today Conference, London, UK, 2016
- "Hidden Interests in The Death Penalty: Derrida's Readings of Kant, Baudelaire, and
Paper, Collegium Phaenomenologicum, Città di Castello, Umbria, Italy, 2015
- "Echoing Pleshette's Metamorphic Love Stories"
Paper, Kristeva Circle Conference, Memphis, TN, 2015
- "'A Seminar is Not a Fable': The Fictive Effect of Sovereign Power and the Art of
Making Known in Derrida's The Beast and the Sovereign"
Paper, Derrida Today Conference, New York, NY, 2014
- "A Recounting: Arendt and Kristeva De-sense the Myth of Orpheus and Eurydice"
Paper, Kristeva Circle Conference, Nashville, TN, 2014
- "Derrida's Feminist Critique of Cap-ita/ol"
Commentary on Ammon Allred, Mid-South Philosophy Conference, Memphis, TN, 2013
- "The Rebirth of Zōē: Ingenious Biography and the Future of the Polis"
Paper, philoSophia Conference, Banff, Alberta, Canada, 2013
Values in the Modern World, Fundamental Issues in Philosophy, Feminist Theory, Contemporary Moral Problems