Robert R. Marchini
PhD. 1969, Clemson University
Office: MN 115
M. Garland & R. Marchini, Foundations of Physics laboratory Manual, Burgess Publishing
Company, Minneapolis, ISBN 0-8087-0754-X, 1977.
R. Marchini, Laboratory Manual for First Semester Physics, Kendall/Hunt Publishing
Company, ISBN)-8403-8740-7, 1981.
1. R. Marchini and R. Gandy, "Selective Absorption Properties of Lead Sulfide-Aluminum
Coatings as a Function of Lead Sulfide Thickness", J. of Appl. Phys. 49(1), January,
2. R. Marchini, "Videotaped Instructions in the Liberal Arts Physics Laboratory",
Directory of Teaching Innovations in Physics, L. Meethand and S. Gregory, editors.
Published by Studies in Higher Education in association with the American Association
of Physics Teachers, p. 80 (1981).
3. R. Marchini, "Restructuring the Engineering Physics Laboratory", Directory of Teaching
Innovations in Physics, L. Meethand and S. Gregory, editors. Published by Studies
in Higher Education in association with the American Association of Physics Teachers,
p. 98 (1981).
4. N. Follard, R. Marchini, C. Rhyner and M. Zeilik, "Report on Using TIPS (Teaching
Information Processing System) in Teaching Physics and Astronomy", Am. J. Physics,
15(5), p.446, May 1983.
5. R. Marchini, Book review, Fundamentals of Physics by David Halliday and Robert
Resnick, (John Wiley & Sons) for The Physics Teacher, 1987.
6. R. Marchini and T. Howard, "Maxwell-Garnett Theory Analysis of Thick PbS-A1 Selective
Absorbers". Solar Energy 40(2), 147 (1988).
PAPERS PRESENTED AND POSTER SESSION CONTRIBUTIONS
•Forty-one papers presented at professional meetings.
•R. R. Marchini, "Recruiting and Retaining Physics Majors", SESAPS meeting (UPDOSE
session), Vanderbilt University (November 1987).
•R. R. Marchini, "A Physics Program for Elementary Teachers", Local Physics Alliances
Southeast Region Workshop, American Physical Society, Raleigh, North Carolina, April
•R. R. Marchini, "A Physics Program for Elementary Teachers", (30 minutes), SESAPS
meeting, Raleigh, North Carolina, November 1988.