This page provides information about opportunities for City & Regional Planning students
who are currently on the job market.
Full Time Listings
Big Sky Economic Development (BSED) is seeking applicants for the position of:
Community Development Project Manager to manage Community Development and planning projects throughout Yellowstone Co.,
as part of the BSED team.
Ability to facilitate collaborative community projects which contribute to successful
business operations, job creation, and desirable quality of life. Working knowledge
of Federal, State & private grant/loan programs, planning, and urban renewal. Must
have excellent skills in grant writing, research, grant & project admin., reporting,
state & federal compliance, budgets, and financial management. Team-oriented communicator,
skilled in detailed, persuasive writing & public speaking. Bachelor’s Degree required
for Full-time salaried position with benefits.
Application materials available at www.bigskyeconomicdevelopment.org or by calling 406-256-6871.
Position open until filled, review of applications begins Dec. 10th.
- Letter of Interest
- Writing Sample (2 - 5 pages)
- Signed Application
Big Sky Economic Development
Community Development Project Manager Position
222 North 32nd Street, #200
Billings, MT 59101
The City of Beaverton, OR is seeking applicants for 2 planning positions.
The position of Planning Manager closes January 19, 2015 and the position of Planning Technician closed January 26, 2015.
Community Development Council of Greater Memphis/Livable Memphis is seeking candidates for the position of:
Community Engagement Coordinator/Driver
Community Development Council of Greater Memphis (CD Council) is a coalition of organizations
and individuals who support the development and redevelopment of safe, healthy, and
attractive neighborhoods. We are seeking a part-time contract staff member to coordinate
the activities of our innovative Mobile Porch program, including delivering it to
Built on top of an 18-foot trailer, the Mobile Porch is a ‘front porch on wheels’
that goes into the community to support a range of community engagement activities,
such as community surveys, clean ups, mini-planning efforts, and the like. The porch
is equipped with a variety of technology tools, including multiple tablet computers.
Under the direction of the executive director and Livable Memphis program staff, this
individual will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate and schedule events for the porch throughout the year.
- Drive, maneuver, and set up (and remove) the porch and its technology at events. Remain
with the porch for the duration of the event, serving as CD Council staff and working
with partner organizations and members of the public.
- Help staff and partner organizations develop online surveys for public participation,
and load them onto tablet computers.
- Support the organization’s community engagement goals.
- Be an ambassador in the community for CD Council and its Livable Memphis program.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to work weekend days and occasional weekdays or evenings;
- Ability to lift and move heavy items;
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction;
- Comfortable working with a wide range of individuals in a variety of neighborhoods;
Energetic and enthusiastic attitude;
- Flexible and able to resolve issues on the fly;
- Excellent personal communication skills;
- Interest in neighborhood revitalization; and
- Must be 21 years old with a TN drivers license, clean driving record, and the ability
to haul and maneuver an 18-foot trailer.
$20 per hour. Hours will vary by season and will range from 5 to 30 per month.
Interested candidates should send their resumes accompanied by a cover letter to email@example.com