Advising Packet for Campus Advisors
- Create packet with the necessary information needed for all advisors, new and current, to assist when advising students
- Include Best Practices, Banner forms, UmDegree, Appointment Plus software, Guidelines, etd.
- Include PACAA (Provost Advisory Council on Academic Advising) on the decision making to approved the packet information.
PROPOSED TIMELINE: Fall 2013
Team began meeting late July 2013 to brainstorm on the types of information that is needed by all advisors. The following were identified, formalized, new documentation created and published on the New Advising website:
- Frequently used Banner forms and brief description
- Advisors Resource List
- Quick Guide for UMdegree - assists when registering students
- RODP FAQs
- Student Resource Directory
- Standardized process for student to make advising appointments
- UMdegree Enhancements: Director of Advising, UMdegree Administrator, will work with Enterprise Administrative Services to add fields to assists advisors to easily evaluate information with advising students.
- Colette Williams, Process Improvement - Project Manager
- Karen Thurmond, Academic Advising & Degree Planning
- Laurie Snyder, Team Lead, Communication & Fine Arts
- Mary Crites, Extended Programs
- Penny Sevier, College of Education
- Yolanda Fleming, Project Assistant
Phone: 901.678.2213 | E-mail: email@example.com