Procedures for reporting complaints or concerns
We understand that most people don't often register formal complaints, so we would
like to extend the grievance process to include general concerns as well as specific
issues that people may have.
Options for expressing concerns:
- Go to the person with whom you have a complaint and try to come to a resolution.
- Go to your program director to address the issue.
- Go to Bob Cohen (the graduate coordinator).
- Place a written complaint (anonymity is up to you) into the mailbox of the Chair (Bill
- Go directly to the Chair or Co-Chair to address the issue.
- Go to a GSCC member to discuss the issue confidentially (if you desire, the GSCC representatives
will meet with the appropriate administration to inform them of the concern and/or
to discuss possible ways to resolve the concern). You may also contact the gscc by
email or you can put a written complaint into the gscc mailbox.
The goal of this process is to allow students to feel free to express their concerns
at anytime without fearing any repercussions. We would like to know if you have any
concerns, because if we don't know about them, then we can't do anything to change
them. All members of the GSCC have agreed to serve in this capacity and will assure confidentiality.