Barry Gholson, Ph.D.
Professor Experimental (Cognitive)
Psychology Building, Room 414
Ph.D., University of Iowa
M.A., University of Iowa
B.A., Kent State
- Multimedia Educational Environments
- Knowledge Construction, Agency, and Vicarious Learning
- Craig, S. D., Sullins, J., Witherspoon, A., & Gholson, B. (2006). The deep-level reasoning questions effect: The role of dialogue and deep-level reasoning questions during vicarious learning. Cognition and Instruction, 24, 565-591.
- Gholson, B., & Craig, S. D. (2006). Promoting constructive activities that support vicarious learning during computer-based instruction. Educational Psychology Review, 18, 119-139.
- Sullins, J., Witherasoppon, A., Craig, S., & Gholson, B. (2006). A test of the deep-level reasoning questions effect in a vicarious learning environment on physics. In T. Reeves & S. Yamashita (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2006 (pp. 2410-2413). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Graesser, A. C., D’Mello, S., Craig, S. K., Witherspoon, A., Sullins, J., McDaniel, B., & Gholson, B. (in press). The relationship between affective states and dialog patterns during interactions with AutoTutor. Journal of Interactive Learning Research.