1990, Ph.D., The University of Memphis, Clinical Psychology
1981, M.S., Florida State University, Clinical Psychology
1979, Fulbright-Hays Full Grant to Study at Georg August Universitaet, Germany
1978, B.A., Rhodes College
- Tobacco use: causes, prevention, and cessation programs
- Smoking among medically fragile children
- Adolescent risk behaviors
- Contributors to ethnic disparities in health
- Training health care providers to reduce adolescent risk behaviors
- The effects of medical illness on emotional and cognitive functioning
Recent Publications (*denotes Dr. Robinson's student)
- *Yurasek, A., Robinson, L. A., & Parra, G. (in press). Ethnic and gender differences in strategies used by adolescents when attempting to quit or reduce smoking. Journal of Child & Adolescent Substance Abuse.
- Robinson, L. A., *Clawson, A. H., Weinberg, J. A., *Salgado-Garcia, F. I., & Ali, J. S. (2015). Physician intervention for improving tobacco control among parents who use tobacco. Clinical Pediatrics, 1-7 doi:10.1177/0009922814567304.
- Robinson, L. A., *Clawson, A. H., Weinberg, J., & *Salgado-Garcia, F. (2012). The results of a feasibility study of pediatricians' impact on parental control of tobacco products. Published in the annual American Academy of Pediatrics research summary.
- *Kahalley, L. S., Robinson, L. A., Tyc, V. L., Hudson, M. M., Leisenring, W., Stratton, K., Zeltzer, L., Mertens, A. C., Robison, L. L., Hinds, P. S. (2012). Risk factors for smoking among adolescent survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the childhood cancer survivor study. Pediatric Blood and Cancer.
- *Hum, A. M., Robinson, L. A., Jackson, A. A., & Ali, K. S. (2011). Physician communication about smoking and tobacco use. Pediatrics, 127(6): e1368-74.
- *Dalton, W. T., III, Klesges, L. M., Henderson, L., Somes, G., Robinson, L., & Johnson, K. C. (2010). Gender, smoking status and risk behavior attitudes explain adolescents' patterns of nicotine replacement therapy use. Addictive Behaviors, 35, 147-151.
- *Kahalley, L. S., Robinson, L. A., Tyc, V. L., Hudson, M. M., Leisenring, W., Stratton, K., Zeltzer, L., Mertens, A. C., Robison, L. L., Hinds, P. S. (2010). Attentional and executive dysfunction as predictors of smoking within the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study Cohort. Nicotine and Tobacco Research, 12, 344-354.