||Helen J. K. Sable
Experimental (Behavioral Neuroscience)
Psychology Building, Room 408
Ph.D. University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
M.S. Kansas State University
B.A. University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- Behavioral Toxicology of Drugs of Abuse and Environmental Contaminants
- Effects of Teratogens on learning and memory
- Wang, V.C., Sable, H.J.K., Ju, Y. H., Allred, C.D., Helferich, W.G., Korol, D.L.,
and Schantz, S.L. (in press). Effects of chronic estradiol treatment on delayed spatial
alternation and differential reinforcement of low rates of responding. Behavioral Neuroscience.
- Sable, H.J.K., Powers, B.E., Wang, V.C., Widholm, J.J., and Schantz, S.L. (2006).
Alterations in DRH and DRL performance in rats developmentally exposed to an environmental
PCB mixture. Neurotoxicology and Teratology, 28, 548-556.
- Sable, H.J.K. & Schantz, S.L. (2006). Executive function following developmental exposure
to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs): What animal models have told us. In E.D. Levin
& J.J. Buccafusco (Eds.), Animal Models of Cognitive Impairment (Frontiers in Neuroscience), CRC Press: New York, NY, pp. 147-167.
- Sable, H.J.K., Bell, R.L., Rodd, Z.A., & McBride, W.J. (2006). Effects of naltrexone
on the acquisition of alcohol intake in male and female periadolescent and adult alcohol-preferring
(P) rats. International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health, 18, 139-149.
- Bell, R.L., Rodd, Z.A., Sable, H.J.K., Schultz, J.A., Hsu, C.C., Lumeng, L., Murphy,
J.M., & McBride, W.J. (2006). Daily patterns of ethanol drinking in periadolescent
and adult alcohol-preferring (P) rats. Pharmacology, Biochemistry & Behavior, 83, 35-46.