Helen J. K. Sable, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Experimental (Behavioral Neuroscience)
Ph.D. University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
M.S. Kansas State University
B.A. University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- Behavioral Toxicology of Drugs of Abuse and Environmental Contaminants
- Effects of Teratogens on learning and memory
- Meyer, A. E., Miller, M. M., Nelms, J. L., and Sable, H. J. K. (2015). A comparison of presynaptic and postsynaptic dopaminergic agonists on inhibitory control performance in rats perinatally exposed to PCBs. Neurotoxicology and Teratology, 50, 11-22.
- *Choudhri, A. F., *Sable, H. J., Chizhikov, V., Buddington, K. K., and Buddington, R. K. (2014). Parenteral nutrition compromises neurodevelopment of preterm pigs. Journal of Nutrition, 144, 1920-1927. * Both authors contributed equally
- Fielding, J. R., Rogers, T. D., Meyer, A. E., Miller, M. M. Nelms, J. L., Mittleman, G., Blaha, C. D., and Sable, H. J. K. (2013). Stimulation-evoked dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens following cocaine administration in rats perinatally exposed to polychlorinated biphenyls. Toxicological Sciences, 136, 144-153.
- Poon, E., Monaikul, S., Kostyniak, P. J., Chi, L., Schantz, S. L. and Sable, H. J. K. (2013). Developmental Exposure to Polychlorinated Biphenyls Reduces Amphetamine Behavioral Sensitization in Rats. Neurotoxicology and Teratology, 38, 6-12.
- Bell, R. L, Sable, H. J. K., Colombo, G., Hyytia, P., Rodd, Z. A., Lumeng, L. (2012). Animal models for medications development targeting alcohol abuse using selectively bred rat lines: neurobiological and pharmacological validity. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior, 103, 119-155.