- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
- M.A., University of California, Berkeley
- B.A., San Francisco State University
- Emotion (e.g., awe, gratitude)
- Emotion Regulation (e.g., self-compassion)
- Social Hiearchy
- Prosocial Behavior
- Time Perception
- Zhang, J. W., & Chen, S. (2017) Self-compassion promotes positive adjustment for people who attribute responsibility of a romantic breakup to themselves. Self and Identity.
- Zhang, J. W., & Chen, S. (2016) Self-Compassion Promotes Personal Improvement from Regret Experiences via Acceptance. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 42, 2, 244-258.
- Razavi, P., Zhang, J. W., Hekiert, D., Yoo, S. H., & Howell, R. T. (2016). Cross-cultural Similarities and Differences in the Experience of Awe. Emotion. 16, 1097-1101.
- Mello, Z. R., Zhang, J. W., Barber, S. J., Paloni, V. C., Howell, R. T., & Worrell, F. C. (2016). Psychometric properties of time attitude scores in young, middle, and older adult samples. Personality and Individual Differences, 101, 57-61.
- Zhang, J W., Piff, P. K., Iyer, R., Koleva, S., & Keltner, D. (2014). An occasion for unselfing: Beautiful nature leads to prosociality. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 37, 61-72.
- Zhang, J. W., Howell, R. T., Caprariello, P. A., & Guevarra, D. (2014). Damned if they do, damned if they don’t: Material buyers are not happier from material or experiential consumption. Journal of Research in Personality, 50, 71-83.
- Zhang, J. W., Howell, R. T., & Howell, C. J. (2014). Living in wealthy neighborhood increases material desires and maladaptive consumption. Journal of Consumer Culture, 1-20.
- Zhang, J. W., Howell, R. T., & Iyer, R. (2014). Engagement with natural beauty moderates the positive relation between connectedness with nature and well-being. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 38, 55-63.
- Zhang, J. W., Howell, R. T., & Bowerman, T. (2013). Validating a brief measure of the Zimbardo Time Perspective Inventory. Time & Society, 22, 391-409.
- Zhang, J. W., Howell, R. T., & Stolarski, M. (2013). Comparing three methods to measure a balanced time perspective: The relationship between a balanced time perspective and subjective well-being. Journal of Happiness Studies, 14, 169-184.
- Zhang, J. W., Howell, R. T., & Caprariello, P. A. (2013). Buying Life Experiences for the “Right” Reasons: A Validation of the Motivations for Experiential Buying Scale. Journal of Happiness Studies, 14, 817-842.
- Zhang, J. W., & Howell, R. T. (2011). Do time perspectives predict unique variances in life satisfaction beyond personality traits? Personality and Individual Differences, 50, 1261–1266.