The Subject Pool is administered through a web based program called the Sona System.
You can use the system to find out about studies that interest you and for which you
may qualify to participate. You can also schedule a research appointment, contact
researchers for more information, and participate in online research.
Please CLICK HERE to view a short tutorial on how to use Sona system.
To sign up for experiments, GO HERE (memphis.sona-systems.com).
For more information about What to Expect CLICK HERE.
Important Information Needed the Day of Your Appointment
Be sure to make a note of the TIME, ROOM NUMBER, the RESEARCHER’S NAME, AND THE NAME
OF THE STUDY when you sign up for the experiment. If you forget these details, please
visit the Psychology Department’s main office (PSYC Bldg 202). However, do not visit
the main office unless absolutely necessary. It is your responsibility to maintain
the information necessary to locate your study and keep your appointment. The main
office may NOT be able to help you find the location of your study unless you have
the important information listed above.
Canceling a Scheduled Experiment Appointment
If you must miss an experiment that you signed up for (due to illness or an emergency),
it is expected that you will be courteous and contact the researcher and cancel your
appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule your experiment appointment, please
contact the researcher as soon as possible. It is best if cancelations are made 24
hours or more in advance. However, if 24 hour notice is not possible, please send
your cancelation notice to the researcher as soon as you can. By canceling your appointment
in a timely fashion you are showing respect for your fellow students who might want
to sign up for that timeslot, and also showing respect for the researcher.
How can you cancel a scheduled study?
- On the Sona System:
- Sign into the Sona system.
- Click "My Schedule and Credits" (beside the picture of the calendar organizer).
- Find the experiment that you want to cancel in the list of experiments that you have
signed up for.
- Click "Cancel."
- Confirm cancellation by clicking "Yes I want to cancel" button.
- An email confirmation will be sent to yourself and the experimenter after you cancel.
- Sign into the SONA System.
- Click on “Studies.”
- Find the name of the study that you have signed up for.
- The researcher’s email address may be found on the study description page.
- Email any one of the researcher’s listed.
If you cannot cancel through the Sona System or by email, you can leave a message
with the Psychology Department’s main office (901-678-2145). If this is necessary,
please provide as much of the following information as your can:
- Your name
- Your University of Memphis UUID
- The name of the study you signed up for
- The name of the experimenter listed on the Sona System website
- The day and time of the experiment that you signed up for