Our faculty members are actively engaged in service to their fields. This service
notably includes membership on editorial boards and leadership roles in professional
organizations. Some examples include:
- Associate Editor for Personnel Psychology
- Member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Applied Psychology, Organizational Research Methods, Journal of Management, Personnel Psychology, Human Peformance, and Journal of Business and Psychology.
- Served as Chair of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology's (SIOP)
Minority Teaching Institute Committee and has been a regular reviewer and contributor
for the Academy of Management and Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Associate Editor for Human Resource Management Review
- Member of the Editorial Board for Journal of Management and Human Resource Management and has served as an ad-hoc reviewer for Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Organizational Behavior, and Personnel Psychology.
- President of SHRM-Memphis, on the Board of the Southern Management Association, and
has been a regular reviewer and contributor for the Academy of Management, Southern
Management Association, and Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology annual
- Guest Co-Editor for a special issue of the Journal of Management on "Walking New Avenues in Management Research Methods and Theories: Bridging Micro
and Macro Domains."
- Editorial board member for the Journal of Management, Organizational Research Methods, Journal of Business and Psychology, and Journal of Managerial Psychology.
- Member of the executive committee for the Academy of Management's Research Methods
(RM) Division: Treasurer (2003-2005), Program Chair-Elect/PDW Chair (2005-2006),
Program Chair (2006-2007), Division Chair-Elect (2007-2008), Division Chair (2008-2009),
and Past Division Chair (2009-2010).
- Elected officer in the Southern Management Association (SMA; Treasurer, 2007-present).