Deans or their Designees are responsible for appointing authorized approvers (signators) for their Colleges or Schools. Approvers are granted authority sign off on a variety of enrollment exceptions for the College or School--late or retroactive overloads, adds, registrations, and withdrawals.
The Registrar's Office maintains repository of authorized signatures in order to verify the legitimacy of signatures appearing on enrollment forms. To help the office maintain this repository, the following forms have been developed for use by the Provost's Office, colleges and schools:
- Used by the Provost to designate the Dean of a College or School.
- Details Dean’s signature authority.
- Records the Dean’s official, handwritten signature.
- Used by the Dean to name his/her designee.
- Details Designee’s signature authority.
- Records the Designee’s official, handwritten signature.
- Used by the Dean or Designee to designate a Department Chair/Head.
- Details Chair/Head’s signature authority.
- Records Chair/Head’s official, handwritten signature.
- Used by the Dean or Designee to designate faculty and staff who have particular signature authority within a College or School.
- Details the particular signature authority granted.
- Records Faculty/Staff member’s official, handwritten signature.
- Used by the Dean or Designee to remove an individual's approval authority.
The last two forms are crucial to maintaining the lists of authorized officials listed below.
View Current Authorized Officials for:
- Academic Innovation and Support Services
- Academic Counseling Center
- Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Communication and Fine Arts
- College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences
- Extended Programs
- Fogelman College of Business and Economics
- Graduate School
- Herff College of Engineering
- Kemmons Wilson School of Hospitality and Resort Management
- Loewenberg School of Nursing
- School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- School of Public Health
- University College