When working as desired, the Faculty Dashboard displays your current term courses
in this format:
These links are worthy of note:
- Pen icon (upper right-hand corner) - The Faculty Dashboard is an editable channel. To a certain
extent, you can alter its contents. Read Editing Your Dashboard.
- Course Title (US to 1877 in the example) - Click on this to view your Faculty Detail Schedule page for this
- Class icon (looks like a group of three people) - Click on this to visit the Summary Class List
page for this course.
- Syllabus icon (looks like a sheet of paper) - Click on this to create or edit syllabus for the
- Office Hours icon (looks like a clock) - Click here to view the course's meeting times and to set office
hours for that class.
- E-mail Class icon (looks like an envelope) - Click here to e-mail your class. Please note, however,
that this method of e-mailing classes will not always work, especially for very large
classes. Be sure to read E-mailing Your Classes.
- More - This link sometimes appears at the bottom of the Dashboard. It means that not all
of your classes could be displayed in the channel. Clicking on "More" takes you to
separate page in order to display all of your classes.
Unfortunately, your Dashboard may occasionally look like this:
Even if your Dashboard appears normal at first, you may receive a similar message
when you click on "More".
The problem is that the Dashboard can only accommodate a limited number of characters.
If the software determines that the display will take too many characters, you will
receive the above display. You can exceed the limit for different reasons:
- Your channel may have been set to display too many terms' classes (ex.: Fall 2007
- You may teach numerous sections each term--for example, dissertation classes or labs.
- A combination of 1 & 2.
Your immediate solution is to click on the "Active Assignments" link. The Active Assignments
screen will enable you to access the Faculty Detail and Class Summary screens for
the courses you are teaching. However, you will not be able to e-mail classes. Read
E-mailing Your Classes for alternatives to using the Faculty Dashboard's E-mail Class icon.
If you wish to experiment, you can use the pen icon to edit your channel display to
see if this helps. This is likely to help if the problem is that you are trying to
display too many terms. Read Editing Your Dashboard.