To: Spring 2014 1st Half Part of Term (POT) Faculty
From: Office of the Registrar
- Refer to the Registrar's Grading Guide for detailed instructions on using Faculty Self Service to record grades.
- 1st Half POT grading opens Friday, March 7.
- All grades must be entered in Faculty Self Service by
10am, Monday, March 10.
- Grades in eCourseware do not update the student record. Enter all final grades in Faculty Self Service.
- Do not enter a date in the Last Attend Date column for students who complete the class (regardless of the grade). Use this column to report stopped-attending
or never-attended dates for students who fail to complete the class.
- Enter any stopped-attending/never-attended dates by the end of the grading period.
- If a student never attends or stops attending and does not officially withdraw, you
must assign a failing grade (F or U).
- Enter a grade for every student who does not have a W. All students must be graded.
- Note that some students on your grade roster may have a name change. If you need assistance
with verifying name changes, please call 678-2810.
- Academic status and grades are NOT directory information; do not release these to
someone over the phone. You may discuss academic status and grades with a student
- You may e-mail a grade to a student, but only to his/her U of M e-mail address. However,
since students may access grades on Student Self Service after grades are official,
this should not be necessary.
If you have any questions or need help, please call Student and Faculty Services at
Faculty Self Service Guides
Download Class Roster from D2L
Request Access to Banner-Student