About 2-3 weeks into both the Fall and Spring semesters, your instructors will begin
recording your attendance status. This is required for financial aid reporting. After
this process is underway, the Registrar will notify you that you need to check your
reported attendance for your classes. Follow these instructions to see how your instructors
have recorded your attendance status:
- Login to the portal.
- Click on the "Student" tab.
- Locate the "Banner Self-Service" channel.
- Expand the "Banner Self-Service," "Student," and "Student Records" folders by clicking
on the folder icons.
- Locate and click on the "Attendance Reporting" link to review your attendance status.
Your Reported Attendance Status
- Your instructor has indicated that you are attending class.
- Your instructor has not reported attendance for your class.
You do not have to take any action. The Registrar receives reports of instructors who do not report attendance and deals
with the instructors and departments directly. You do not have to contact your instructor
or the department if you are marked as "Not Reported."
- Your instructor has indicated that you have never attended the class.
- If this is correct, you need to drop the class before the drop deadline in order to avoid receiving a
- If this is incorrect, you need to contact the instructor. The Registrar is not authorized to make any changes
to your reported attendance status: only your instructor can modify your status.
- Your instructor has indicated that you attended the class initially but then stopped.
- If this is correct and you do not intend to finish the class, you need to drop the class before the drop deadline in order to avoid receiving a
- If this is correct but you want to stay in the class, you need to contact the instructor about resuming your attendance or participation.
- If the status is incorrect, you need to contact your instructor. Again, only your instructor can modify your
attendance status. The Registrar cannot alter attendance status.