To receive veterans benefits you must meet the VA's certification requirements. Alsom you must recertify every term that you are enrolled at the UofM. Our office provides assistance with meeting these requirements.
If you plan to use VA educational assistance while attending the UofM, contact or visit us to establish a file.
Register with our office by providing the following:
- Veterans: Copy of the confirmation page from your online application(s) from VA Form 22-1990.
Dependents: Copy of the confirmation page from your VA Form 22-1990e (Ch 33 dependents), or VA Form 22-5490 (Ch 35 dependents)
- Copy of Certificate of Eligibility (Ch 33), (Ch 30) (Ch 35), (Ch 1606 - provide your NOBE as well).
- Copy of .DD-214, Member 4.
- Copy of Kicker Contracts.
- Dependents who have not applied for their GI Bill through VONAPP: Copy of your Transfer of Entitlement (TEB) letter for Ch 33 dependents, or the VA decision letter assigning the sponsor a disability rating of 100% total and permanent for Ch 35 until the individual using the GI Bill has applied for and received a Certificate of Eligibility.
New Students on Active Duty
Complete and submit UofM's Veterans Request for Certification.
Enrollment certifications are sent to the appropriate VA Regional Office upon receipt of the Veterans Request for Certification form submitted to us each semester.
Returning (Former) Students
Complete and submit the following form:
Complete and submit these applicable forms, if applicable:
- VA Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form and instructions
- VA Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors' and Dependents' Education Assistance form and instructions (Chapter 35 only)