The steps below apply to all proposal and subcontract proposal submissions (new, revised,
continuation, supplements, or preliminary proposals) to federal agencies, state or
local government agencies, private industry, private foundations, other universities
- Intent to Submit - Contact Research Support Services, email@example.com, as soon as you decide to submit a federal or state proposal or contract.
- Budget Development - The budget should be developed as early in the proposal development process as
possible and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the program announcement.
- Completing the Proposal Summary Form - This form is required for university review and approval of a proposal being submitted
to any external sponsor and is only used internally. Specifics about the PI/PD, the
sponsor, budget, and other issues such as use of human subjects are included on the
form. To download the Proposal Summary Form, click here.
- University Review - Review may begin as soon as the PI/PD and the budget specialist have finalized
a budget, and a proposal summary form has been completed. You may attach a draft narrative
of the project description or a project summary for the purpose of routing and securing
signatures, but the proposed budget must be final at this stage. After signing as
PI/PD, secure signatures of chairman and dean. Deliver to RSS, Administration 315.
- Proposal Narrative, Budget Justification, and Programmatic Forms - The PI/PD is responsible for narrative, budget justification, and the completion
of any forms of a programmatic or personal nature.
- Administrative/Budget/Certification Forms - The Office of Research Support is responsible for completing cover sheet/title
page, budget forms, and any certifications that may be required by sponsor.
- Compliance - Contact email@example.com regarding Human Subjects requirements. Contack Dr. Karyl Buddington, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions regarding Laboratory Animal requirements.
- Submission of Final Proposal - Submit signed Proposal Summary Form and proposal to RSS several working days before
deadline date for print or electronic submission. Administrative and budget forms
will be completed. The proposal will be reviewed for compliance with sponsor guidelines
and university policies; proper order and format; and consistency of information.
Institutional signatures will be provided. The proposal will be shipped or submitted
electronically to meet sponsor specifications.