Dear RA Candidate,
Thank you for your interest in the Resident Advisor (RA) position. You have made an
excellent choice you won't regret. The RA position is very important to the total
operation of the residence halls at The University of Memphis; therefore, we want
to select the most capable and dedicated staff possible. We are committed to hiring
a staff who reflects the diversity of the student population.
Please take the time to read this information thoroughly to become aware of the job
description and timeline. I believe you will find the position to be both challenging
and exciting, and one that offers many opportunities for a fulfilling college experience.
In addition, we encourage you to talk to your RA and Assistant Area Coordinator to
learn as much as you can about the position.
Area Coordinator, Rawls & Smith, LLC, South and GSFH
- Have a minimum 2.25 grade point average (undergraduate); 3.25 for graduate students
- Be in good standing with the department and the university
- Be enrolled as a full-time student
Completed Application Includes...
- Your RA application including short answers
- A completed additional employment form/release for student employment
- Three (3) reference forms (if you live on campus one form must be completed by your
RA), family members and friends may not complete a reference
- A satisfactory background check (Click here for forms)