Ever thought about being a ResNet Student Tech?
Job Description- $8.50/hour base rate
The University of Memphis ResNet hires student support personnel as ResTechs. As a ResTech you would assist students in getting their computers and any electronic devices connected to the University of Memphis Residential Computing network. Also part of your duties is evaluation of their systems for performance and virus cleaning. Residence Life wants workers who are motivated and eager to learn. There will be on-the-job training as well as support structure to turn to for assistance.
- Must have a good customer service attitude and communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to learn new technical concepts and tasks.
- Must interact well with other people; need to be able to interact and work cooperatively with other students and staff members.
- Must be familiar with all Windows operating systems, basic networking setups and Internet. Mac systems a plus.
- Must show individual initiative and responsibility.
- Should be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Base pay rate is $8.50 an hour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to students living in ResNet housing with connecting and configuring their personal computers and electronic devices to the ResNet. This service is provided via telephone assist and in person at the ResNet Technical Support Center locations in Richardson Towers South room 101.
- Become familiar with campus computing resources, learning and using campus academic resources available electronically.
- Maintain records of all calls for assistance made by students and record all actions taken to resolve issues with the HelpDesk system.
- Act as auxiliary support to the staff: Residence Life, Dining Services, Child Development Center and other designated staff support offices, assisting the LSP staff with any software and hardware maintenance needs.
- Understand the policies surrounding the ResNet, and educate the students about the policies.
- Provide support during the Move-in weekend at the beginning of each semester.
- Work on any special projects as assigned by staff.
- Attend any training sessions to keep you current on changes to policies and troubleshooting techniques. Some training time would be necessary prior to the Move-in for each semester.
Click Here to fill out an Online Application. No walk in or emailed applications accepted. No phones calls.