Have you witnessed or been the recipient of a random act of kindness? Did a stranger
help you change your tire or give you a ride home? Did someone go above or beyond
for you? If so, let us know about it! All too frequently we seem to get caught up
with “life” and forget to note the kindness that exists right outside our window.
The Random Acts of Kindness portal channel helps to identify that kindness. You
can help bring a smile to someone’s face because you have recognized them for being
a good Samaritan!
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com. Submissions should be limited to approximately 100 words. Should you wish to remain
anonymous, please note this in your submission and we will be happy to maintain your
anonymity. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have. Submissions will be subject to approval by staff and
may be edited. We will tell you when your submission has been posted on the channel.
In an effort to recognize the acts of kindness across our campus, Student Affairs,
with support from ARAMARK, hosted the second Kindness lunch in June 2012. Click here to see the nominations for the luncheon.
How to add the Random Acts of Kindness Portal Channel:
- Login to MyMemphis
- Click on the Content/Layout link that appears in the upper left-hand corner of your
- Determine which tab you want to add the channel on and click on that tab label (ex:
Home, Employee etc.).
- Determine where on the page you would like the channel to appear (column and position
within the column). Click the [New Channel] button in the appropriate area.
- The screen refreshes and prompts you to select a Category. Select OTHER and click
- The screen refreshes. Scroll through the list of available channels and select RANDOM
ACTS OF KINDNESS.
- Then click the [Add Channel] button and the click the [FINISHED] button.
- Finally click on the "Back to xxxxx Tab" link that appears in the upper left-hand
portion of the screen. This takes you out of the Manage Content/Layout utility and
returns you to the normal portal view.