The following guide is published by the US Health and Human Service Department's Office for Human Research Protections. It is intended to help you answer the following questions:
- Is IRB approval required?
- Are you engaged in "research" under UofM Policy and Federal Regulations?
- Does what you are doing involve "human subjects"?
- What kind of IRB review should you request?
- This guide is not intended to be a substitute for the need to understand the ethical and legal issues involved in responsible conduct of research.
Link to OHRP video explaining research use of human biological specimens and other private information.
If you need to report a study-related injury, or if you have questions, please contact the IRB Administrator at email@example.com or 901-678-2705.
If you have any concerns regarding integrity and ethics in research and scholarship at UofM, please do not hesitate to call (901) 678-2705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The confidentiality of anyone who contacts the office will be protected under the Whistleblower Protection Act. Working together we will promote the highest standard of integrity and ethics in research and scholarship.
Office of Sponsored Programs
University of Memphis
317 Admin Bldg
Memphis, TN 38152‐3370