Welcome to the University of Memphis. We are glad that you have chosen to attend our
institution. The following is important information regarding the HOPE Lottery Scholarship.
Basic Eligibility Requirements of the Tennessee HOPE Scholarship:
1. Resident of Tennessee for at least one year as of September 1 of the year entering
2. Enroll in college within 16 months of your high school graduation.
3. Graduate from an accredited Tennessee high school (special provisions apply to
home school students).
4. Make a 21 or higher on the ACT or 980 or higher on the SAT OR compile a 3.0 or higher unweighted high school GPA.
5. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have results sent to the University of Memphis. It is recommended that the FAFSA
be completed prior to March 1, but no later than September 1 to still meet lottery
Eligibility Determination Process
Once you have met the basic requirements listed above, the process begins with your
high school counselor.
1. Your high school counselor will report your final unweighted GPA and test scores
to TSAC (Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation) once you have officially graduated
from high school.
2. Those scores will be used by the state to determine your eligibility and that information
will be made available to the University of Memphis.
3. In the event, your final unweighted GPA and/or test scores are not reported to
TSAC by the high school counselor, it is your responsibility to contact your high
school counselor and ask them to do this.
You must complete a FAFSA each year that you are in school.
Eligibility shall be reviewed by the institution at the end of the semester in which
the student has attempted a total of 24, 48, 72, 96, and any subsequent multiples
of 24 semester hours thereafter. Additionally, at 72 attempted semester hours and
beyond, students may be reviewed at the end of each semester if they maintain the
award on a provisional basis.The student:
If you have questions about the Tennessee HOPE Scholarship program, visit the Scholarship
office in 201 Wilder Tower or call (901) 678-3213 OR contact TSAC for details.