What is SETWC?
The Southeast Transportation Workforce Center, headquartered at the University of
Memphis, is part of the National Network for the Transportation Workforce and funded
by the US Department of Transportation (US DOT) Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
The goals of SETWC include
- Identify regional transportation job needs and priorities;
- Catalog existing training programs from K-12 through professional development;
- Evaluate existing programs for scale and replication;
- Identify education and training gaps;
- Develop resources to bridge identified gaps; and
- Fully engage in the national network to showcase successful programs and practices and to increase impact in the southeast region