The SGA transparency page is where students can find a copy of the minutes from every
SGA Senate meeting and where students can find out what else SGA is currently working
on. Please feel free to write in the suggestion box on the home page if you have any
comments or concerns!
- Successfully facilitated physical activity programming during all 12 New Student Orientation
- Rebranded the Association and received official University branding for the group.
- Substantially updated the web site; and put a system in place to continue updates
throughout the school year.
- Created an online bill submittal system to increase efficiency.
- Scheduled weekly meetings for the Senate; to increase engagement, transparency, and
- Created a student E-Newsletter that will increase efficiency and keep students engaged
and informed. It will also serve as a mechanism to spotlight organizations who are
serving the University community.
- Senate committee reviewed Constitution.
- Developed an SGA brochure.
- Developed a brochure promoting the USA Today Readership Program.
- Updated SGA Constitution to include results of last spring’s referendum.
- Updated Freshman Senate application process (including new forms, etc.)
- Expanded the SGA Cabinet and executive branch, currently engaging more than 100 persons
to create greater involvement of student organizations (SAC, BSA, Religious Life,
- Purchased shirts for SGA members to increase visibility.
- Purchased binders for SGA members to increase efficiency and to assure greater awareness
of SGA and U of M documents.
- Hosted Fall Retreat with Executive and Legislative Branches.
- Executive officers hosted New Student Convocation.
- Provided SGA literature to students living in Residence Halls.
- Welcomed new students at Frosh Camp.
- Successfully facilitated a Town Hall meeting between students and administrators.
- Planned student leader’s luncheon.
- Achieved a two hour extension in the Tiger’s of Memphis restaurant and a hour extension
in Dunkin Donuts.
- Instituted two discount weeks that will discount many of the foods students deem expensive.
- Created a “Meet Your Senator Morning” in dining kiosks.
- Created a “Meet Your Senator Lunch.” $5 all you can eat lunches with your Senator
- Purchased 500 $1 off coupons for student use at TOM.
- Purchased 100 free games of pool in the TOM restaurant for students.
- Created an off-campus student discount list and published it onto the website.
- Work to assure that students would be able to use Tiger Funds off campus starting
- Passed legislation to allow students unlimited refills in the University Center Union
Food Court, moving check out stations to the individual restaurant.
- Opened the parking garage for students from 11:00pm to 6:00am for free. Follow this
link to receive free access http://bf.memphis.edu/forms/park/hubaccess.php
- Assured the continuation of Tiger Shuttles to all home football games.
- Reconfigured Blue Line routes and worked to add an additional scheduled route.
- Created a Park Avenue parking incentive pass to free up main campus general spots
– Fall 2014.
- Passed legislation to add four reflective mirrors on the entrance and exit ramps in
the Zach Curlin parking garage for pedestrian and vehicle safety.
- Worked to assure the continuation of the non-ticketing policy during the first week
of each semester with Parking Services.
- Worked with SBA President to address parking concerns of law school students, law
students now have access to free general parking on the main campus.
Athletics & Events
- Obtained a new student tailgate lot and facilitated sponsoring and funds for free
food and a DJ at all home games.
- Began working with SAC to ensure a major concert takes place during the Spring semester.
- Relocated the tailgate lot to be closer to Tiger Lane so that students get the amenities
of Tiger Lane without the price. This spot allows us to perfectly create the “Student
- Creation of the “Baby TJ” Program to enhance school spirit
- Worked to construct a Lambuth Senate and wrote necessary documents to put one in place
- Participated in Lambuth new student orientation programs
- Incorporated Lambuth students into the Model United Nations delegation
- Conducted a campus lighting survey with Police Services to ensure that all areas of
campus were well lit and all lights were functioning properly.
- Ensured the results of the survey were given to the Universities Business and Finance
division, which is the division that contains Physical Plant, which will work to fix
the lighting issues on campus.
- Placed seven recycling bins in the Involvement Zone and three in computer labs across
- Began working with Multicultural Affairs to plan a multicultural fashion show that
will take place in Spring 2014.
- Aided in the continuation of conversations concerning the new student recreational
- Crafted and passed legislation to construct a new 50 million dollar recreation center
beginning August 2014.
- Crafted and passed legislation to ensure the Student Health Center did not reduce
services and effectiveness due to budget cuts and enrollment reductions.
- Continued the Tiger Readership Program into the summer for those students on campus
during the summer.
- Negotiated 2-year renewal of Readership Program.
- Created a student discount code to use for many local philanthropy events such as
the Color Run.
- Re-wrote the Technology Hub Collaboration Room Rules to make a more students friendly
environment and allowed use of the rooms to individual students.
- Worked on budget for use of Spirit Activities funds.
- Hosted Tennessee state Senator, Mark Norris, at an SGA meeting to discuss state wide
problems affecting students.
- Senate passed legislation to show its support for equal pay across the board for all
athletic team managers.
- Selected forty Freshmen Senators to represent the Freshman class to the SGA Senate.
- Created a committee comprised of students, faculty, and administrator to explore the
possibility of making changes or removing the current plus-minus grading system. This
committee will meet at the beginning of the Spring 2014 semester.
- Allowed students to purchase additional printing pages using Tiger Funds for a discounted
- Worked with Adult & Commuter Student Services to ensure the creation and timely opening
of the Veteran’s Resource Center.
SGA Senate Meeting September 5, 2013 Minutes
SGA Senate Meeting September 26, 2013 Minutes
SGA Senate Meeting October 3, 2013 Minutes
SGA Senate Meeting October 10, 2013 Minutes
SGA Senate Meeting October 17, 2013 Minutes
SGA Senate Meeting November 7, 2013 Minutes
SGA Senate Meeting November 21, 2013 Minutes
SGA Senate Meeting January 23, 2014 Minutes
SGA Senate Meeting January 30, 2014 Minutes
SGA Senate Docket 1
SGA Senate Docket 2
SGA Senate Docket 3
SGA Senate Docket 5
SGA Senate Docket 6
SGA Senate Docket 7
SGA Senate Docket 8
SGA Senate Docket 9
SGA Senate Docket 10
SGA Senate Docket 11
SGA Senate Docket 12