Mission, Vision, and Values of the School
To educate future leaders in the health sciences, to develop and grow state-of-the-art research programs, and to promote the application of knowledge through service outreach.
The School of Health Studies will be a nationally recognized, state-of-the-art school, including model programs in both academics and research within the health sciences, to educate students and the population at large through formal coursework and relevant research findings.
The following values are essential to the work being doing within The School of Health Studies.
• Integrity: We maintain high ethical and moral standards in personal and professional
conduct, including support of faculty, staff, and students.
• Accountability: We are responsible for our own actions in the classroom, in our research environments, and in the community.
• Respect: We maintain respect for both students and colleagues, despite differences in backgrounds and viewpoints.
• Innovation: We seek opportunities to advance our respective fields of study, using both traditional and innovative approaches.
• Initiative: We function as leaders, working to identify needs and opportunities and focusing our effort on achieving stated objectives.
• Responsiveness: We maintain rapid response time when contacted by students and colleagues.
• Excellence: We give our personal best in everything we do.
• Communication: We are committed to effective communication among faculty, staff, and students, in addition to community partners and members.
• Promotion of Health: We are committed to promoting healthy communities via research, outreach, and practice.
• Responsible Stewardship: We are committed to the absolute best use of our resources.
• Interdisciplinary Collaboration: We value the inclusion of faculty members from different academic units working together in scholarship and instructional activities.