Department of Social Work homepage
University of Memphis Photo
Undergraduate Advising - Department of Social Work Courses - Department of Social Work




As of fall, 2013, any student who has not completed both SWRK 2010 and SWRK 2911 (with a grade of at least a C-) is considered a Pre-Social Work (PSWK) major. Professor Kenya Anderson advises all PSWK majors.


  • Professor Kenya Anderson also advises all students who are thinking of changing their major to Social Work or who are interested in transferring to the University of Memphis from another institution of higher learning.


  • Only students who have completed both SWRK 2010 and SWRK 2911 are recognized as Social Work (SWRK) majors.


  • Permits are required to enroll in all SWRK classes. 

Use the table below to determine the name of your advisor:

Faculty Member

SWRK Advisees

Additional students to be advised:

How to Schedule an Appointment

Dr. Lamont Simmons

SWRK students whose last names begin with A-C


Use Appointment Plus

Dr. Robin Lennon-Dearing

SWRK students whose last names begin with D-I


Use Appointment Plus

Dr. Gary Schneider

SWRK students whose last names begin with J-L

Title IV-E stipend students

Use Appointment Plus

Prof. Laura Taylor

SWRK students whose last names begin with M-R


Use Appointment Plus

Prof. Kenya Anderson

SWRK students whose last names begin with S-Z 

All Pre-Social Work (PSWK) majors and all students interested in transferring into the major.

Use Appointment Plus

Prof. Veronica Morrow


ALL Lambuth students: Both SWRK and PSWK

Use Appointment Plus

All advisors on the main campus of the Department of Social Work prefer that you schedule your advising appointments via the online Appointment Plus system.

Access Appointment Plus by clicking HERE

Questions? Call the Department of Social Work at 901-678-2616.


To view Humanities Requirements click here.


The Department of Social Work resides in the School of Urban Affairs & Public Policy within the College of Arts & Sciences. The Program offers the Bachelors of Arts degree in Social Work and the Master of Social Work. The BA and MSW degree are both accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Both degree programs include significant work experience through field placement.

Take a look at our brochures:

Master of Social Work Program

Bachelor of Arts Social Work Program

Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2014 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Last Updated: 8/28/14