To receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree with a major in Sociology, you must complete the University's general education curriculum as well as the requirements of the sociology major. The entire major requires 30 hours - 15 are core courses (listed below) and 15 are upper division electives that focus on issues that interest the student. One of our primary goals is to provide our majors with a comprehensive liberal arts education centered on sociology as an approach to life.
- SOCI 1010 - Introduction to Sociology
- SOCI 3311 - Social Statistics
- SOCI 3322 - Methods of Social Research
- SOCI 4210 - Rise of Sociological Theory OR SOCI 4211 - Contemporary Social Theory
- SOCI 4999 - Senior Thesis