Chunrong Jia, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Environmental Health Science
Robison Hall 337
- Ph.D., Environmental Health Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, U.S.A.,
- M.E., Environmental Engineering, Nankai University, Tianjin, China, 2001
- B.S., Environmental Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin, China, 1998
- Distributions of air pollutants (VOCs, particulate matter, PBDEs, and metals)
- Sampling and analytical techniques for airborne VOCs
- Environmental disparity
- Environmental exposure and risk assessment
- Indoor air quality
- Environmental epidemiology
- Environmental impact assessment
Selected recent publications (* Corresponding author):
(1) Jia CR*, James W, Kedia S. 2014. Relationship of racial composition and cancer risks from
air toxics exposure in Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.A. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 11(8): 7713-7724.
(2) Jia CR*, Ward KD, Mzayek F, Relyea F. 2014. Blood 2,5-dimethyfuran as a sensitive and specific
biomarker for cigarette smoking. Biomarkers. doi: 10.3109/1354750X.2014.935956.
(3) Liu B*, Jia CR. 2014. Effects of exposure to mixed volatile organic compounds on the neurobehavioral
test performance in a cross-sectional study of US adults. International Journal of Environmental Health Research. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09603123.2014.945514.
(4) Jia CR*, Foran JA. 2013. Air toxics concentrations, source identification, and health risks:
An air pollution hot spot in Southwest Memphis, TN. Atmospheric Environment. 81: 112-116.
(5) Jia CR*, Yu XH, Maziak W. 2012. Blood/air distribution of volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
in a nationally representative sample. Science of the Total Environment. 419: 225-232.
(6) James W, Jia CR*, Kedia S. 2012. Uneven magnitude of disparities in cancer risks from air toxics.
International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 9(12): 4365-4385.
(7) Jia CR*, Batterman S, Relyea GE. 2012. Variability of indoor and outdoor VOC measurements:
An analysis using variance components. Environmental Pollution. 169: 152-159.
(8) Zhu XL, Jia CR*. 2012. Apportioning variability of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and chlordanes
in indoor and outdoor environments. Journal of Environmental Monitoring. 14: 1926-1934.
PUBH 7120 Environmental Health I (In Classroom & Online), Spring (syllabus)
PUBH 7/8126 Principles of Exposure and Risk Assessment, Fall (syllabus)
PUBH 7/8129 Environmental Sampling and Analysis, Spring (syllabus)