- Articulate, Model and Reward Professional Values and Ethics
- Understand and model stewardship of organizational resources
- Know, support and use team development methods
- Use system and strategic thinking models and methods to make decisions and solve problems
- Understand and apply models and methods of organizational change and innovation.
- Write clearly and effectively
- Speak clearly and effectively before individuals and groups, in formal and informal
- Display effective listening and communication skills
- Listen, hear and respond effectively to the ideas and thoughts of others
- Develop, organize, synthesize and articulate ideas and information
III. Critical Thinking
- Able to learn from mistakes
- Ask the right questions when making decisions
- Understand the structure and conduct of quantitative analytical methods: economic and financial evaluation, linear regression analysis, and forecasting methods.
- Monitor data and identify deviations, whether for internal processes and procedures
or for external trends.
- Evaluate testable hypotheses commonly arising in a management setting, selecting and
applying the appropriate quantitative methods.
- Examine data both qualitatively (e.g. focus groups, case studies, participant observation
and ethnographies) and quantitatively (e.g. descriptive statistics, descriptive epidemiology)
to determine patterns and trends.
- Work effectively with other professionals
- Understand, demonstrate and reward cultural sensitivity and competence
- Understand and apply basic concepts and tools that are integral to strategic thinking,
planning and management
Deadlines for Applications
MHA—Fall Enrollment Only
Executive MHA Summer (June) Enrollment Only
Priority Application Deadline:
Guaranteed Consideration Application Deadline:
Final Application Deadline:
The launch of the Executive MHA has been delayed until May 2016. Applications may continue to be submitted through HAMPCAS and admitted applicants will automatically receive a one-year deferral to May 2016.